Technical Sales Support Representative Role:
We are looking for a technically-oriented individual to join our sales support team. This person will provide day-to-day assistance to our technical sales managers. As part of the sales team, this position will also help support new revenue growth by working with the technical sales managers in developing and delivering sales and design proposals, answering RFP and RFQs for our new and existing customer base.
The Sales Support Representative Duties:
• Provide first line, inbound, technical support and guidance for our customers (Architects & Engineers, General Contractors, Facility Managers, and Property Managers/Building Owners).
• Be responsible for overall coordination and execution of tasks related to sales opportunities and technical customer support inquiries.
• Own the creation and workflow management in our internal CRM system of qualified sales opportunities and technical support opportunity management by creating, updating and maintaining leads, prospects and opportunities as information is gathered reactively or proactively.
• Work with the General Sales Manager and/or Engineering department when responding to product information requests.
• Help maintain a paperless work environment (whenever practical), ensuring all external interactions are captured in our sales system, are accurate, and up to date
• Ability to facilitate and deliver sales product demonstrations, in person or online (i.e. go to meeting now) or other sales actions as needed.
• Respond to technical service calls / emails from regional customers and provide support
• Identify new sales opportunities using our marketing process.
• Work with marketing to set up and work tradeshows as needed.
• Strong work ethic, efficiency, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent telephone and email etiquette
• Sales and technical support experience with demonstrated ability to convey information verbally
• Technical aptitude with ability to learn and understand how to explain our products and technology
• Experience working with and/or reading architectural and structural drawings
• Ability to qualify customer situations, relate product features/benefits and respond to issues
• Skilled user of Word, Excel, and CRM software.